Status Update of November 24, 2021
Dear Institute Members and Guests,
At the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems we take the coronavirus situation very seriously and have established measures to protect all employees and guests of the institute. These describe a number of important rules for hygiene, distancing, and contact tracking, so please read the measures below very carefully and follow them rigorously. Thank you, and good health to everyone!
Current information about Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Max Planck Society’s framework for action as well as regulations and policies on campuses that affect employees and guests of our institute are available on the following websites:
- RKI (Link)
- MPG Framework for Action “Occupational Health and Safety from A to Z during the Pandemic” (Link)
- Technische Universität Kaiserslautern (Link)
- Universität des Saarlandes (Link)
- State of Rhineland Palatinate Coronavirus Information (Link)
- State of Saarland Coronavirus Information (Link)
Below we list the MPI-SWS measures for protection against Covid-19, specifically our provisions for access to the MPI-SWS buildings in Saarbrücken and Kaiserslautern.
- Only people with 3G status will be allowed to enter our institute buildings. Anyone who cannot or does not wish to provide proof of vaccination, recovery, or a negative Corona test not older than 24 may not enter the institute buildings.
- The "capacity numbers" on doors indicate the maximum number of people who can simultaneously work from office rooms. People in shared offices are encouraged to synchronise with the other occupants: unless all occupants have 2G status (i.e., vaccinated or recovered). We encourage occupants to either wear masks, maintain social distance, or coordinate to avoid coming to the institute at the same time.
- Larger rooms have a maximum number of allowed people posted at their entrances. When meeting in these rooms, unless all participants have 2G status (i.e., vaccinated or recovered), everyone is encouraged to wear masks and maintain social distance. When entering such a room, everyone must wear a mask until seated.
- Institute members with chronic conditions or any other health concerns should coordinate with their advisors or supervisors about working from home. Such conditions include: diseases of the respiratory and circulatory systems, tumor diseases, diseases of the immune system, chronic intestinal diseases, diabetes, and kidney diseases.
- Anyone who has any cold or flu symptoms, especially cough, fever, rhinitis, or loss of smell and taste, must not come to the institute. If you are not feeling well, notify your supervising faculty member, follow the RKI and state recommendations for self-isolating, and contact your doctor.
- Before or upon entering the building, every person must show proof of 3G status to the receptionists (front desk in KL and front desk in MPI-INF building in SB). Members with 2G status (vaccinated or recovered) only need to present this proof once and can subsequently enter the building without checks. Members without 2G status are only allowed to enter the building during office hours when their valid negative test result can be checked by receptionists.
- We expressly point out that we will not be checking vaccination status outside the official opening hours of the institute. Therefore, we ask that only people with 3G status enter the building during these hours in order to avoid consequences under labor law.
- The building can only be entered through the main entrance on the ground floor.
- Everyone must disinfect their hands (dispensers are available) and register their times of arrival and departure in the list at the entrance.
- In the building, whenever not in your office (or larger rooms as indicated above), everyone must wear a face mask covering mouth and nose.
This holds also for short walks to the coffee machine, restrooms, going up and down staircases, etc.
- All staircases are one-way paths (to minimize short-distance contacts), and clearly labelled as such.
- Take the elevator only one person at a time, and only if you are not able to climb the stairs.
- Access to the basement is strictly prohibited.
- Institute members must inform the institute immediately if they develop Covid-19 symptoms, or if they were in contact with a person who has been positively tested (or of course if they have tested positive themselves). Such cases must be reported to the respective supervising faculty member or to Volker Geiß.
- As of 1st July 2021, business travel abroad no longer requires approval from the central crisis management team of the MPG. Nevertheless, it is recommended to discuss any business travel plans with your supervising faculty member and check carefully whether appointments that are connected with a trip can be postponed or carried out virtually. The supervising faculty member may consult with the crisis management team (email@example.com) if there are questions about planning and implementing business trips abroad.
- All overnight travel (business or leisure/vacation) should be coordinated with the respective supervising faculty member.
- Visitors, guests and employees of external companies must read and sign the form from the Max Planck Society with instructions to protect health and safety before they arrive at the institute. Faculty members planning to host visitors must (1) have their visitors fill in the Corona instructions external visitors form and send it to the office staff, and (2) contact the office staff to learn the latest requirements for incoming visitors.
- For entries from risk areas to Germany, all travelers have to fill out a digital entry application when they arrive. The information about the return/entry will automatically be sent to the responsible health authority. There may be testing and quarantine obligations upon entry. Test results must be kept for ten days and presented to the public health department upon request. Please coordinate with your supervising faculty member regarding working from home.